Thursday, October 28, 2010

IR Project #1- Digital Storytelling

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/stories/and-then-there-were-none-4961020

1. I used mixbook.com to do my project and it is basically a powerpoint in a scrapbook kind of form. It was a simple summation of the book, touching a little bit of everything along with connections with what we have learned in class.
I really liked the layout of everything such as the way I showed the information. More specifically, the book was a mystery so my theme was just a dark theme to it that added to the suspense of the story.
Also the connections that were towards The Great Gatsby were really good such as the weather as part of the setting and the whole karma idea.
2. Mixbook was really easy to use and is a good site. I did not have major problems, just a few minor ones, but knowing that it is a free website, I cannot complain.
3. I really liked this book since there was a lot of dialogue and very little narrative. The beginning was a bit boring since it was just introducing characters, but the suspense immediately started as soon as the guests around at the island. Also when I was reading it, sometimes I would get chills because this book was that suspenseful. Also the fact that the way this book is written, making you always wonder who the real killer is, adds to praise for this book. Most mystery books have cliffhangers, making you figure out who the real killer is, but I like how this book just straight up tells you that it was all Justice Wargrave.
Another book like this one will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment